The Jewish Renaissance Medical Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center looking to hire a full time Care Coordinator Nurse. Established in the year 2002, the JRMC has a main location in Perth Amboy, NJ as well as 7 School Based Health Centers located in Newark, NJ.
Location: Perth Amboy
To deliver comprehensive, quality healthcare in an efficient and cost effective manner to the people of the community. As a member of the Healthcare team, and lead by the Chief Medical Officer the role of the Nutritionist is vital to the successful completion of the above stated goal. Each clinical team member receives performance measures and patient satisfaction results and is given the opportunity to participate in the development of a plan for improvement through regular QA meetings and or action plan development.
Plans therapeutic diets and implements preparation and service of meals for patients in an Ambulatory Care facility by performing the following duties.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Development, implementation, and review of patient care plans and assessments.
2. Perform individual nutritional assessments on a basis for intervention, counseling, education, and follow-ups.
3. Accurately document the information of assessment and progress into individual patient charts in a timely manner.
4. Coordinate with other disciplines (nursing, medical providers, specialists, social work, etc.) to provide a continuum of patient care.
5. Conduct nutritional education classes to meet the needs of the target populations.
6. Initiate nutrition related health fairs as a method of increasing community awareness and participation of the population.
7. Participate in nutrition related initiatives and collaborate at a statewide level.
8. Develop and maintain dietary objectives, standards, policies and procedures.
B. Interpersonal Relations
1. Cooperates effectively with management.
2. Creates and maintains an environment conducive to teamwork.
3. Maintains a professional appearance and a professional attitude.
4. Treat patients, staff and peers with respect.
5. Maintains confidentiality in accordance with JRMC policy and HIPAA regulations.
C. Organizational Responsibilities
1. Follows JRMC policy and procedure with special consideration of security, fire and safety procedures and standard precautions.
2. Arrives to work station at scheduled starting time, ready to work.
3. Records time and attendance in accordance with JRMC time and attendance policy and procedure.
4. Wears identification badge at all times while on duty.
License, Certificate, Registration
Previous Work Experience
Three (3) to five (5) years experience as a Clinical Nutritionist/Dietician, preferably in an ambulatory healthcare setting
Special Skills or Knowledge
Basic Computer Knowledge
Bilingual English/Spanish a plus